It has never been easier to move from professional services to commerce.
As a result, a lot of our professional services clients are referring us work from commercial businesses who are keen to see excellent first movers so if you are interested in making the move to commerce, please let us know and we are happy to see if we can help.
In the meantime, though, we thought it worthwhile highlighting a points that are worth considering prior to accepting a position in commerce:
- Lots of roles are being recruited in commerce so we understand the push to move now;
- We expect there to be a lot of activity over the next 2-3 years at least so it is not now or never;
- The risk in moving now is that your success is very much at the mercy of the success of the business you move to and in many cases you could be joining a finance team under stress;
- Some people have been successful in moving however lots of people have made the move in the last 12-18 months only to be made redundant;
- It is hard to move back from commerce to prof and the good firms will question your motives so the roles that are available to you in prof now, may not be available to you in the future;
- If you do decide to move to commerce you need to be sure about the business’s performance locally and overseas.
If you are still keen to make the move to commerce, please get in contact. We are happy to run through your options.
Equally, we would rather you stay where you are than accept a position that you regret so if you are interested in having a more general conversation around your experience and what to look out for, please get in contact email@example.com.